Jan 3, 2014, 11:34 AM EDT
Flyers head coach Craig Berube won’t be lobbying for supplemental discipline on the hit that sidelined Michael Raffl.
Raffl, who suffered a concussion on a hit from Colorado captain Gabriel Landeskog last night, is out indefinitely — but that didn’t change Berbube’s opinion of the play.
“It’s fine. It’s not a penalty,” Berube said. “Kind of a tough play. He’s against the glass already and the guy just hit him — it’s a tough play.”
Here’s the hit in question:
Landeskog wasn’t penalized on the play, though the Philadelphia Daily News thought a call from the NHL’s Department of Player Safety might be in order:
Would not be surprised at all if Landeskog gets fined or suspended for that hit. Completely unnecessary hit, looking at numbers.
— Frank Seravalli (@DNFlyers) January 3, 2014
Raffl has been a revelation for the Flyers this year, emerging from the Swedish second division to score 11 points in 29 games and occasionally play on Philly’s top line. He was also recently named to the Austrian Olympic team for the ’14 games in Sochi.
- Wild hand Bryzgalov a training camp tryout 0
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 12
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 5
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 16
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 47
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (47)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)