Jan 3, 2014, 11:34 AM EST
Flyers head coach Craig Berube won’t be lobbying for supplemental discipline on the hit that sidelined Michael Raffl.
Raffl, who suffered a concussion on a hit from Colorado captain Gabriel Landeskog last night, is out indefinitely — but that didn’t change Berbube’s opinion of the play.
“It’s fine. It’s not a penalty,” Berube said. “Kind of a tough play. He’s against the glass already and the guy just hit him — it’s a tough play.”
Here’s the hit in question:
Landeskog wasn’t penalized on the play, though the Philadelphia Daily News thought a call from the NHL’s Department of Player Safety might be in order:
Would not be surprised at all if Landeskog gets fined or suspended for that hit. Completely unnecessary hit, looking at numbers.
— Frank Seravalli (@DNFlyers) January 3, 2014
Raffl has been a revelation for the Flyers this year, emerging from the Swedish second division to score 11 points in 29 games and occasionally play on Philly’s top line. He was also recently named to the Austrian Olympic team for the ’14 games in Sochi.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)