Jan 2, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT
“Obviously it’s a tough pill to swallow,” Yandle said on Thursday.
On the bright side, he mentioned that he’s been receiving texts of support from other players around the league, something that means a ton to him.
Of course, not every bit of commentary about the 27-year-old has been positive, as highly publicized fly-on-the-wall criticisms have been shared in stories from USA Today’s Kevin Allen and ESPN’s Scott Burnside. Yandle didn’t attempt to plead ignorance regarding those accounts, either.
“I read it,” Yandle said. “[Does it] affect me? No. Obviously people have opinions.”
“I try not to pay attention to that kind of stuff.”
In the meantime, he’ll try to channel that energy into his play for the Coyotes, who have pointed out the benefits of getting an Olympic break. It might take Yandle a while to embrace that mentality, though.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)