Jan 2, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT
“Obviously it’s a tough pill to swallow,” Yandle said on Thursday.
On the bright side, he mentioned that he’s been receiving texts of support from other players around the league, something that means a ton to him.
Of course, not every bit of commentary about the 27-year-old has been positive, as highly publicized fly-on-the-wall criticisms have been shared in stories from USA Today’s Kevin Allen and ESPN’s Scott Burnside. Yandle didn’t attempt to plead ignorance regarding those accounts, either.
“I read it,” Yandle said. “[Does it] affect me? No. Obviously people have opinions.”
“I try not to pay attention to that kind of stuff.”
In the meantime, he’ll try to channel that energy into his play for the Coyotes, who have pointed out the benefits of getting an Olympic break. It might take Yandle a while to embrace that mentality, though.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 9
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)