Jan 2, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT
“Obviously it’s a tough pill to swallow,” Yandle said on Thursday.
On the bright side, he mentioned that he’s been receiving texts of support from other players around the league, something that means a ton to him.
Of course, not every bit of commentary about the 27-year-old has been positive, as highly publicized fly-on-the-wall criticisms have been shared in stories from USA Today’s Kevin Allen and ESPN’s Scott Burnside. Yandle didn’t attempt to plead ignorance regarding those accounts, either.
“I read it,” Yandle said. “[Does it] affect me? No. Obviously people have opinions.”
“I try not to pay attention to that kind of stuff.”
In the meantime, he’ll try to channel that energy into his play for the Coyotes, who have pointed out the benefits of getting an Olympic break. It might take Yandle a while to embrace that mentality, though.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 11
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 12
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 66
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 89
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)