Jan 2, 2014, 10:39 AM EDT
Oilers coach Dallas Eakins isn’t making Yakupov wait long to get a second chance though. He’ll be back in Edmonton’s lineup tonight against the San Jose Sharks, according to the Edmonton Sun.
Now the question is how much he’ll actually play. Before being listed as a healthy scratch, Yakupov logged under 10 minutes in four straight contests. If nothing else, he’s projected to at least start the game on the second line with Sam Gagner and Jordan Eberle.
Eakins will be looking for Yakupov to stick to the game plan and not try to take matters into his own hands. His ability to do that will likely be a factor in determining how much responsibility he gets tonight.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)