Jan 2, 2014, 10:39 AM EDT
Oilers coach Dallas Eakins isn’t making Yakupov wait long to get a second chance though. He’ll be back in Edmonton’s lineup tonight against the San Jose Sharks, according to the Edmonton Sun.
Now the question is how much he’ll actually play. Before being listed as a healthy scratch, Yakupov logged under 10 minutes in four straight contests. If nothing else, he’s projected to at least start the game on the second line with Sam Gagner and Jordan Eberle.
Eakins will be looking for Yakupov to stick to the game plan and not try to take matters into his own hands. His ability to do that will likely be a factor in determining how much responsibility he gets tonight.
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 3
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 5
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 8
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)