Jan 2, 2014, 10:39 AM EDT
Oilers coach Dallas Eakins isn’t making Yakupov wait long to get a second chance though. He’ll be back in Edmonton’s lineup tonight against the San Jose Sharks, according to the Edmonton Sun.
Now the question is how much he’ll actually play. Before being listed as a healthy scratch, Yakupov logged under 10 minutes in four straight contests. If nothing else, he’s projected to at least start the game on the second line with Sam Gagner and Jordan Eberle.
Eakins will be looking for Yakupov to stick to the game plan and not try to take matters into his own hands. His ability to do that will likely be a factor in determining how much responsibility he gets tonight.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 17
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 10
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)