Jan 2, 2014, 10:39 AM EST
Oilers coach Dallas Eakins isn’t making Yakupov wait long to get a second chance though. He’ll be back in Edmonton’s lineup tonight against the San Jose Sharks, according to the Edmonton Sun.
Now the question is how much he’ll actually play. Before being listed as a healthy scratch, Yakupov logged under 10 minutes in four straight contests. If nothing else, he’s projected to at least start the game on the second line with Sam Gagner and Jordan Eberle.
Eakins will be looking for Yakupov to stick to the game plan and not try to take matters into his own hands. His ability to do that will likely be a factor in determining how much responsibility he gets tonight.
- Flames place Giordano on IR 0
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 25
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 59
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 41
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (97)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)