Jan 2, 2014, 10:39 AM EDT
Oilers coach Dallas Eakins isn’t making Yakupov wait long to get a second chance though. He’ll be back in Edmonton’s lineup tonight against the San Jose Sharks, according to the Edmonton Sun.
Now the question is how much he’ll actually play. Before being listed as a healthy scratch, Yakupov logged under 10 minutes in four straight contests. If nothing else, he’s projected to at least start the game on the second line with Sam Gagner and Jordan Eberle.
Eakins will be looking for Yakupov to stick to the game plan and not try to take matters into his own hands. His ability to do that will likely be a factor in determining how much responsibility he gets tonight.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 27
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)