Jan 2, 2014, 12:40 PM EDT
Konopka has two points and 55 penalty minutes in 36 games this season. He didn’t establish himself in the NHL until his late 20s, but once he did, he led the league in penalty minutes in back-to-back campaigns. He’s also strong on the draw with a 65.7 faceoff winning percentage in 2013-14.
He’s in the final campaign of his two-year, $1.85 million contract with the Wild.
This decision comes at a time when Minnesota has lost six straight contests and is struggling to find its way offensively. The Wild will play against Buffalo tonight.
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 0
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 0
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 19
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45