Jan 2, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
Jeff Skinner is on a roll. The Carolina Hurricanes’ 21-year-old forward recorded the hat trick – his second of the season – to propel his team to a 4-3 overtime victory over the Washington Capitals on Thursday.
Skinner is now up to 19 goals on the season. He has five goals in the last two games, and nine points in his last five games.
Born in Toronto, his recent hot streak comes less than a week before Hockey Canada will announce its roster for the 2014 Sochi Olympics. Could his play of late have any kind of influence on those entrusted with making the decisions for Canada’s team?
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 8
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)