Jan 2, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
Jeff Skinner is on a roll. The Carolina Hurricanes’ 21-year-old forward recorded the hat trick – his second of the season – to propel his team to a 4-3 overtime victory over the Washington Capitals on Thursday.
Skinner is now up to 19 goals on the season. He has five goals in the last two games, and nine points in his last five games.
Born in Toronto, his recent hot streak comes less than a week before Hockey Canada will announce its roster for the 2014 Sochi Olympics. Could his play of late have any kind of influence on those entrusted with making the decisions for Canada’s team?
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 3
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 5
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 60
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (59)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)