Jan 2, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
Jeff Skinner is on a roll. The Carolina Hurricanes’ 21-year-old forward recorded the hat trick – his second of the season – to propel his team to a 4-3 overtime victory over the Washington Capitals on Thursday.
Skinner is now up to 19 goals on the season. He has five goals in the last two games, and nine points in his last five games.
Born in Toronto, his recent hot streak comes less than a week before Hockey Canada will announce its roster for the 2014 Sochi Olympics. Could his play of late have any kind of influence on those entrusted with making the decisions for Canada’s team?
- Luongo leaves game, Panthers nearly run out of goalies 1
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 47
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)