Jan 2, 2014, 10:47 PM EST
These teams might not play against each other all the time, but there was considerable animosity between the Montreal Canadiens and Dallas Stars on Thursday.
Take this fight between Canadiens’ forward Travis Moen and Stars’ forward Antoine Roussel early in the second period. Not sure how this got started, because the two had dropped the gloves out of the camera shot, which was focused on another scrum in front of the net.
And what a marathon fight this was, with both players essentially stopping on their own after about 50 seconds.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 7
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 8
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)