Jan 2, 2014, 10:47 PM EST
These teams might not play against each other all the time, but there was considerable animosity between the Montreal Canadiens and Dallas Stars on Thursday.
Take this fight between Canadiens’ forward Travis Moen and Stars’ forward Antoine Roussel early in the second period. Not sure how this got started, because the two had dropped the gloves out of the camera shot, which was focused on another scrum in front of the net.
And what a marathon fight this was, with both players essentially stopping on their own after about 50 seconds.
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 6
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 48
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 39
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 30
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 75
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 13
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (75)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (48)