Jan 2, 2014, 10:47 PM EST
These teams might not play against each other all the time, but there was considerable animosity between the Montreal Canadiens and Dallas Stars on Thursday.
Take this fight between Canadiens’ forward Travis Moen and Stars’ forward Antoine Roussel early in the second period. Not sure how this got started, because the two had dropped the gloves out of the camera shot, which was focused on another scrum in front of the net.
And what a marathon fight this was, with both players essentially stopping on their own after about 50 seconds.
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 13
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 30
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)