Jan 2, 2014, 10:47 PM EDT
These teams might not play against each other all the time, but there was considerable animosity between the Montreal Canadiens and Dallas Stars on Thursday.
Take this fight between Canadiens’ forward Travis Moen and Stars’ forward Antoine Roussel early in the second period. Not sure how this got started, because the two had dropped the gloves out of the camera shot, which was focused on another scrum in front of the net.
And what a marathon fight this was, with both players essentially stopping on their own after about 50 seconds.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)