Jan 2, 2014, 8:57 PM EDT
Jason Spezza is on the injured reserve and has missed a third consecutive game as of Thursday, but it appears that he’s working back from what he deemed a hip flexor injury. He shared as much with the media today, as you can see in the video below:
The 30-year-old has been riddled with injuries lately. A significant back ailment derailed most his 2012-13 campaign while he also struggled with a groin injury earlier this season.
When he’s been healthy, he’s been productive, with 30 points in 39 games.
It appears that there’s no timetable regarding when exactly he’ll be back, but it sounds like he’s making positive progress.
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 20
- All eyes on Lundqvist 9
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)