Jan 2, 2014, 8:57 PM EDT
Jason Spezza is on the injured reserve and has missed a third consecutive game as of Thursday, but it appears that he’s working back from what he deemed a hip flexor injury. He shared as much with the media today, as you can see in the video below:
The 30-year-old has been riddled with injuries lately. A significant back ailment derailed most his 2012-13 campaign while he also struggled with a groin injury earlier this season.
When he’s been healthy, he’s been productive, with 30 points in 39 games.
It appears that there’s no timetable regarding when exactly he’ll be back, but it sounds like he’s making positive progress.
- Giroux leaves ice after 15 minutes with lower-body injury (Updated) 8
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 26
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)