Jan 2, 2014, 8:57 PM EDT
Jason Spezza is on the injured reserve and has missed a third consecutive game as of Thursday, but it appears that he’s working back from what he deemed a hip flexor injury. He shared as much with the media today, as you can see in the video below:
The 30-year-old has been riddled with injuries lately. A significant back ailment derailed most his 2012-13 campaign while he also struggled with a groin injury earlier this season.
When he’s been healthy, he’s been productive, with 30 points in 39 games.
It appears that there’s no timetable regarding when exactly he’ll be back, but it sounds like he’s making positive progress.
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 5
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 13
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12