Jan 2, 2014, 8:57 PM EDT
Jason Spezza is on the injured reserve and has missed a third consecutive game as of Thursday, but it appears that he’s working back from what he deemed a hip flexor injury. He shared as much with the media today, as you can see in the video below:
The 30-year-old has been riddled with injuries lately. A significant back ailment derailed most his 2012-13 campaign while he also struggled with a groin injury earlier this season.
When he’s been healthy, he’s been productive, with 30 points in 39 games.
It appears that there’s no timetable regarding when exactly he’ll be back, but it sounds like he’s making positive progress.
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 23
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 32
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 16
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 30
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)