Jan 2, 2014, 8:57 PM EST
Jason Spezza is on the injured reserve and has missed a third consecutive game as of Thursday, but it appears that he’s working back from what he deemed a hip flexor injury. He shared as much with the media today, as you can see in the video below:
The 30-year-old has been riddled with injuries lately. A significant back ailment derailed most his 2012-13 campaign while he also struggled with a groin injury earlier this season.
When he’s been healthy, he’s been productive, with 30 points in 39 games.
It appears that there’s no timetable regarding when exactly he’ll be back, but it sounds like he’s making positive progress.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 62
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 73
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (144)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (73)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)