Jan 2, 2014, 12:26 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins have added depth to their beleaguered forward group, picking up former Rangers forward Taylor Pyatt off waivers.
Pyatt, 32, is in the final year of a two-year, $3.1 million contract and had no goals and one assist in 22 games with the Blueshirts prior to getting waived. He was a frequent healthy scratch in recent weeks, and hasn’t played since a loss on Dec. 12 against Columbus.
Pittsburgh has suffered a rash of injuries up front this season, so the Pyatt claim doesn’t come as a huge surprise. Forwards Evgeni Malkin, Beau Bennett, Pascal Dupuis, Andrew Ebbett and Jayson Megna are all currently on injured reserve, so Pyatt should have an opportunity for more minutes than he did in New York — at least until the Pens start getting healthy.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)