Jan 2, 2014, 12:26 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins have added depth to their beleaguered forward group, picking up former Rangers forward Taylor Pyatt off waivers.
Pyatt, 32, is in the final year of a two-year, $3.1 million contract and had no goals and one assist in 22 games with the Blueshirts prior to getting waived. He was a frequent healthy scratch in recent weeks, and hasn’t played since a loss on Dec. 12 against Columbus.
Pittsburgh has suffered a rash of injuries up front this season, so the Pyatt claim doesn’t come as a huge surprise. Forwards Evgeni Malkin, Beau Bennett, Pascal Dupuis, Andrew Ebbett and Jayson Megna are all currently on injured reserve, so Pyatt should have an opportunity for more minutes than he did in New York — at least until the Pens start getting healthy.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Chara suffers undisclosed issue, won’t return on Thursday 14
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)