Jan 2, 2014, 12:26 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins have added depth to their beleaguered forward group, picking up former Rangers forward Taylor Pyatt off waivers.
Pyatt, 32, is in the final year of a two-year, $3.1 million contract and had no goals and one assist in 22 games with the Blueshirts prior to getting waived. He was a frequent healthy scratch in recent weeks, and hasn’t played since a loss on Dec. 12 against Columbus.
Pittsburgh has suffered a rash of injuries up front this season, so the Pyatt claim doesn’t come as a huge surprise. Forwards Evgeni Malkin, Beau Bennett, Pascal Dupuis, Andrew Ebbett and Jayson Megna are all currently on injured reserve, so Pyatt should have an opportunity for more minutes than he did in New York — at least until the Pens start getting healthy.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (85)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)