Jan 2, 2014, 12:26 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins have added depth to their beleaguered forward group, picking up former Rangers forward Taylor Pyatt off waivers.
Pyatt, 32, is in the final year of a two-year, $3.1 million contract and had no goals and one assist in 22 games with the Blueshirts prior to getting waived. He was a frequent healthy scratch in recent weeks, and hasn’t played since a loss on Dec. 12 against Columbus.
Pittsburgh has suffered a rash of injuries up front this season, so the Pyatt claim doesn’t come as a huge surprise. Forwards Evgeni Malkin, Beau Bennett, Pascal Dupuis, Andrew Ebbett and Jayson Megna are all currently on injured reserve, so Pyatt should have an opportunity for more minutes than he did in New York — at least until the Pens start getting healthy.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 9
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 21
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)