Jan 2, 2014, 2:50 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers hope to keep their hot streak going on Thursday, but they’ll take on the Colorado Avalanche without important winger Matt Read.
The 27-year-old forward is out tonight with an upper-body injury. The team currently labels him as day-to-day.
Read continues to be an increasingly important part of the Flyers offense. He’s tied with Scott Hartnell for fifth in team scoring with 19 points in 39 games played and is logging 19:29 minutes per game this season, a significant increase from the 18:01 TOI he averaged in 2012-13.
The Flyers have won four games in a row and six of their last seven games while enjoying better health as of late. We’ll see if they can shake off this injury against a challenging Western Conference opponent.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 1
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 20
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 27
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)