Jan 2, 2014, 2:50 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers hope to keep their hot streak going on Thursday, but they’ll take on the Colorado Avalanche without important winger Matt Read.
The 27-year-old forward is out tonight with an upper-body injury. The team currently labels him as day-to-day.
Read continues to be an increasingly important part of the Flyers offense. He’s tied with Scott Hartnell for fifth in team scoring with 19 points in 39 games played and is logging 19:29 minutes per game this season, a significant increase from the 18:01 TOI he averaged in 2012-13.
The Flyers have won four games in a row and six of their last seven games while enjoying better health as of late. We’ll see if they can shake off this injury against a challenging Western Conference opponent.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 1
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)