Jan 2, 2014, 2:50 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers hope to keep their hot streak going on Thursday, but they’ll take on the Colorado Avalanche without important winger Matt Read.
The 27-year-old forward is out tonight with an upper-body injury. The team currently labels him as day-to-day.
Read continues to be an increasingly important part of the Flyers offense. He’s tied with Scott Hartnell for fifth in team scoring with 19 points in 39 games played and is logging 19:29 minutes per game this season, a significant increase from the 18:01 TOI he averaged in 2012-13.
The Flyers have won four games in a row and six of their last seven games while enjoying better health as of late. We’ll see if they can shake off this injury against a challenging Western Conference opponent.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)