Jan 2, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers hope to keep their hot streak going on Thursday, but they’ll take on the Colorado Avalanche without important winger Matt Read.
The 27-year-old forward is out tonight with an upper-body injury. The team currently labels him as day-to-day.
Read continues to be an increasingly important part of the Flyers offense. He’s tied with Scott Hartnell for fifth in team scoring with 19 points in 39 games played and is logging 19:29 minutes per game this season, a significant increase from the 18:01 TOI he averaged in 2012-13.
The Flyers have won four games in a row and six of their last seven games while enjoying better health as of late. We’ll see if they can shake off this injury against a challenging Western Conference opponent.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 0
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 31
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 43
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)