Jan 2, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers hope to keep their hot streak going on Thursday, but they’ll take on the Colorado Avalanche without important winger Matt Read.
The 27-year-old forward is out tonight with an upper-body injury. The team currently labels him as day-to-day.
Read continues to be an increasingly important part of the Flyers offense. He’s tied with Scott Hartnell for fifth in team scoring with 19 points in 39 games played and is logging 19:29 minutes per game this season, a significant increase from the 18:01 TOI he averaged in 2012-13.
The Flyers have won four games in a row and six of their last seven games while enjoying better health as of late. We’ll see if they can shake off this injury against a challenging Western Conference opponent.
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 3
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 5
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 8
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 37
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)