Jan 2, 2014, 11:39 PM EDT
The L.A. Kings and St. Louis Blues have played some close, fiercely competitive games against each other in recent memory, including back to their playoff series last spring.
The Kings, one point ahead of the Vancouver Canucks for the third spot in the Pacific Division, have lost five consecutive games, including Thursday’s defeat.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5