Jan 2, 2014, 11:39 PM EDT
The L.A. Kings and St. Louis Blues have played some close, fiercely competitive games against each other in recent memory, including back to their playoff series last spring.
The Kings, one point ahead of the Vancouver Canucks for the third spot in the Pacific Division, have lost five consecutive games, including Thursday’s defeat.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2