Jan 2, 2014, 12:23 PM EST
Bruins coach Claude Julien confirmed that Svedberg will start against Nashville tonight, according to the team’s Twitter feed.
The Bruins had hoped to let the 24-year-old netminder make his NHL debut last week, but they needed to return him to the minors to free up a roster spot as they scrambled to adjust to a flurry of injuries.
Allen, 23, was great with the St. Louis Blues in the shortened campaign and has a 2.17 GAA and .922 save percentage in 23 AHL contests this season. With that in mind, it wouldn’t be surprising if he ends up getting in a game if Halak’s ends up missing a decent amount of time.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 12
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)