Jan 2, 2014, 12:23 PM EDT
Bruins coach Claude Julien confirmed that Svedberg will start against Nashville tonight, according to the team’s Twitter feed.
The Bruins had hoped to let the 24-year-old netminder make his NHL debut last week, but they needed to return him to the minors to free up a roster spot as they scrambled to adjust to a flurry of injuries.
Allen, 23, was great with the St. Louis Blues in the shortened campaign and has a 2.17 GAA and .922 save percentage in 23 AHL contests this season. With that in mind, it wouldn’t be surprising if he ends up getting in a game if Halak’s ends up missing a decent amount of time.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 30
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 11
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 114
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 14
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 92
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (114)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (92)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)