Jan 2, 2014, 12:23 PM EDT
Bruins coach Claude Julien confirmed that Svedberg will start against Nashville tonight, according to the team’s Twitter feed.
The Bruins had hoped to let the 24-year-old netminder make his NHL debut last week, but they needed to return him to the minors to free up a roster spot as they scrambled to adjust to a flurry of injuries.
Allen, 23, was great with the St. Louis Blues in the shortened campaign and has a 2.17 GAA and .922 save percentage in 23 AHL contests this season. With that in mind, it wouldn’t be surprising if he ends up getting in a game if Halak’s ends up missing a decent amount of time.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5