Jan 2, 2014, 12:23 PM EDT
Bruins coach Claude Julien confirmed that Svedberg will start against Nashville tonight, according to the team’s Twitter feed.
The Bruins had hoped to let the 24-year-old netminder make his NHL debut last week, but they needed to return him to the minors to free up a roster spot as they scrambled to adjust to a flurry of injuries.
Allen, 23, was great with the St. Louis Blues in the shortened campaign and has a 2.17 GAA and .922 save percentage in 23 AHL contests this season. With that in mind, it wouldn’t be surprising if he ends up getting in a game if Halak’s ends up missing a decent amount of time.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)