Jan 2, 2014, 12:23 PM EST
Bruins coach Claude Julien confirmed that Svedberg will start against Nashville tonight, according to the team’s Twitter feed.
The Bruins had hoped to let the 24-year-old netminder make his NHL debut last week, but they needed to return him to the minors to free up a roster spot as they scrambled to adjust to a flurry of injuries.
Allen, 23, was great with the St. Louis Blues in the shortened campaign and has a 2.17 GAA and .922 save percentage in 23 AHL contests this season. With that in mind, it wouldn’t be surprising if he ends up getting in a game if Halak’s ends up missing a decent amount of time.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 26
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 13
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 78
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)