Jan 2, 2014, 6:35 PM EDT
News and notes from around the blue paint …
Corey Crawford comes back
After being sidelined since Dec. 8, the Chicago Blackhawks will welcome Corey Crawford back into the fold. Will it give the underrated netminder a chance to prove to Team Canada’s brass that he’s fit to be one of the Olympic three?
Elliott building Blues build-up?
Jaroslav Halak is sick, so that opens the door for Brian Elliott to continue to threaten his position as the St. Louis Blues go-to guy. If he keeps winning, it’s hard to imagine it morphing into anything less than a platoon-ish situation. Meanwhile, it sounds like Martin Jones will tend the net for Los Angeles. The Kings have been struggling lately.
(Jake Allen was also called up by the Blues in case Elliott falters.)
Could Khudobin push Cam in Carolina?
Nashville at Boston: Marek Mazenec faces Niklas Svedberg (more on the latter here)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)