Jan 2, 2014, 4:37 PM EDT
With Team Canada’s roster announcement looming and the 2014 Winter Olympics approaching in early February, expect the Steven Stamkos injury updates to be frequent. Like … your friends posting every little development of their newborn baby’s early days-level constant.
OK, now that there’s a mild apology, Thursday at least presents a significant next step, as Steven Stamkos skated in full gear with his Tampa Bay Lightning teammates. The Tampa Tribune’s Erik Erlendsson posted bland footage of him skating, which probably turns into a thrill ride for Lightning fans and Canadians.
As usual, it’s best to temper such excitement with caveats. In this case, the 23-year-old was notably wearing a no-contact jersey and didn’t do much.
Still, we’re talking about one of the most dangerous scorers in the world, so you’ll need to excuse those who breathlessly follow his progress.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63