Jan 2, 2014, 4:37 PM EST
With Team Canada’s roster announcement looming and the 2014 Winter Olympics approaching in early February, expect the Steven Stamkos injury updates to be frequent. Like … your friends posting every little development of their newborn baby’s early days-level constant.
OK, now that there’s a mild apology, Thursday at least presents a significant next step, as Steven Stamkos skated in full gear with his Tampa Bay Lightning teammates. The Tampa Tribune’s Erik Erlendsson posted bland footage of him skating, which probably turns into a thrill ride for Lightning fans and Canadians.
As usual, it’s best to temper such excitement with caveats. In this case, the 23-year-old was notably wearing a no-contact jersey and didn’t do much.
Still, we’re talking about one of the most dangerous scorers in the world, so you’ll need to excuse those who breathlessly follow his progress.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 5
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 27
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 23
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 29
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 11
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)