Jan 2, 2014, 4:37 PM EST
With Team Canada’s roster announcement looming and the 2014 Winter Olympics approaching in early February, expect the Steven Stamkos injury updates to be frequent. Like … your friends posting every little development of their newborn baby’s early days-level constant.
OK, now that there’s a mild apology, Thursday at least presents a significant next step, as Steven Stamkos skated in full gear with his Tampa Bay Lightning teammates. The Tampa Tribune’s Erik Erlendsson posted bland footage of him skating, which probably turns into a thrill ride for Lightning fans and Canadians.
As usual, it’s best to temper such excitement with caveats. In this case, the 23-year-old was notably wearing a no-contact jersey and didn’t do much.
Still, we’re talking about one of the most dangerous scorers in the world, so you’ll need to excuse those who breathlessly follow his progress.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11