Jan 2, 2014, 4:37 PM EDT
With Team Canada’s roster announcement looming and the 2014 Winter Olympics approaching in early February, expect the Steven Stamkos injury updates to be frequent. Like … your friends posting every little development of their newborn baby’s early days-level constant.
OK, now that there’s a mild apology, Thursday at least presents a significant next step, as Steven Stamkos skated in full gear with his Tampa Bay Lightning teammates. The Tampa Tribune’s Erik Erlendsson posted bland footage of him skating, which probably turns into a thrill ride for Lightning fans and Canadians.
As usual, it’s best to temper such excitement with caveats. In this case, the 23-year-old was notably wearing a no-contact jersey and didn’t do much.
Still, we’re talking about one of the most dangerous scorers in the world, so you’ll need to excuse those who breathlessly follow his progress.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)