Jan 2, 2014, 4:37 PM EDT
With Team Canada’s roster announcement looming and the 2014 Winter Olympics approaching in early February, expect the Steven Stamkos injury updates to be frequent. Like … your friends posting every little development of their newborn baby’s early days-level constant.
OK, now that there’s a mild apology, Thursday at least presents a significant next step, as Steven Stamkos skated in full gear with his Tampa Bay Lightning teammates. The Tampa Tribune’s Erik Erlendsson posted bland footage of him skating, which probably turns into a thrill ride for Lightning fans and Canadians.
As usual, it’s best to temper such excitement with caveats. In this case, the 23-year-old was notably wearing a no-contact jersey and didn’t do much.
Still, we’re talking about one of the most dangerous scorers in the world, so you’ll need to excuse those who breathlessly follow his progress.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 32
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 143
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 27
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (142)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)