Jan 1, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Hodgson, 23, was hurt on Dec. 19 blocking a shot against Boston. Prior to the injury he topped the Sabres in scoring with 19 points, and was tied for the team lead in goals (eight) with Tyler Ennis.
Hodgson has since missed the last five games with the injury — possibly a broken bone — and could be out for the foreseeable future. The Sabres next play on Thursday in Minnesota.
Larsson, who was sent to AHL Roochester on Dec. 24, has been up and down throughout the year, appearing in 18 games for the Sabres while registering one assist. It’s likely he’ll draw into the lineup should Hodgson be out for an extended period of time.
McNabb has also been up and down this year, appearing in five games at the NHL level. The former third-round pick is up after Henrik Tallinder was lost for 1-2 weeks with an upper-body injury.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 9
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 21
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 61
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)