Jan 1, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Hodgson, 23, was hurt on Dec. 19 blocking a shot against Boston. Prior to the injury he topped the Sabres in scoring with 19 points, and was tied for the team lead in goals (eight) with Tyler Ennis.
Hodgson has since missed the last five games with the injury — possibly a broken bone — and could be out for the foreseeable future. The Sabres next play on Thursday in Minnesota.
Larsson, who was sent to AHL Roochester on Dec. 24, has been up and down throughout the year, appearing in 18 games for the Sabres while registering one assist. It’s likely he’ll draw into the lineup should Hodgson be out for an extended period of time.
McNabb has also been up and down this year, appearing in five games at the NHL level. The former third-round pick is up after Henrik Tallinder was lost for 1-2 weeks with an upper-body injury.
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 26
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 70
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (70)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)