Jan 1, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Hodgson, 23, was hurt on Dec. 19 blocking a shot against Boston. Prior to the injury he topped the Sabres in scoring with 19 points, and was tied for the team lead in goals (eight) with Tyler Ennis.
Hodgson has since missed the last five games with the injury — possibly a broken bone — and could be out for the foreseeable future. The Sabres next play on Thursday in Minnesota.
Larsson, who was sent to AHL Roochester on Dec. 24, has been up and down throughout the year, appearing in 18 games for the Sabres while registering one assist. It’s likely he’ll draw into the lineup should Hodgson be out for an extended period of time.
McNabb has also been up and down this year, appearing in five games at the NHL level. The former third-round pick is up after Henrik Tallinder was lost for 1-2 weeks with an upper-body injury.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)