Jan 1, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Hodgson, 23, was hurt on Dec. 19 blocking a shot against Boston. Prior to the injury he topped the Sabres in scoring with 19 points, and was tied for the team lead in goals (eight) with Tyler Ennis.
Hodgson has since missed the last five games with the injury — possibly a broken bone — and could be out for the foreseeable future. The Sabres next play on Thursday in Minnesota.
Larsson, who was sent to AHL Roochester on Dec. 24, has been up and down throughout the year, appearing in 18 games for the Sabres while registering one assist. It’s likely he’ll draw into the lineup should Hodgson be out for an extended period of time.
McNabb has also been up and down this year, appearing in five games at the NHL level. The former third-round pick is up after Henrik Tallinder was lost for 1-2 weeks with an upper-body injury.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 23
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 46
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 20
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 85
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)