Jan 1, 2014, 12:53 PM EDT
A few moves around the league this afternoon.
The St. Louis Blues assigned forward Dmitrij Jaskin to AHL Chicago. Jaskin was called up when Alex Steen went out with a concussion. Steen isn’t healthy yet, but captain David Backes, who missed their past two games, is ready to return.
Jaskin scored his first career goal while he was in the lineup and that made for a great highlight.
The Minnesota Wild sent down defenseman Jonathon Blum and recalled forward Jason Zucker. The Wild have struggled mightily of late having lost six games in a row. During that stretch, their offense has generated 13 goals with eight of them coming in two games.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 21
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 125
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 39
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 80
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7