Jan 1, 2014, 12:53 PM EDT
A few moves around the league this afternoon.
The St. Louis Blues assigned forward Dmitrij Jaskin to AHL Chicago. Jaskin was called up when Alex Steen went out with a concussion. Steen isn’t healthy yet, but captain David Backes, who missed their past two games, is ready to return.
Jaskin scored his first career goal while he was in the lineup and that made for a great highlight.
The Minnesota Wild sent down defenseman Jonathon Blum and recalled forward Jason Zucker. The Wild have struggled mightily of late having lost six games in a row. During that stretch, their offense has generated 13 goals with eight of them coming in two games.
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 23
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)