Jan 1, 2014, 12:53 PM EST
A few moves around the league this afternoon.
The St. Louis Blues assigned forward Dmitrij Jaskin to AHL Chicago. Jaskin was called up when Alex Steen went out with a concussion. Steen isn’t healthy yet, but captain David Backes, who missed their past two games, is ready to return.
Jaskin scored his first career goal while he was in the lineup and that made for a great highlight.
The Minnesota Wild sent down defenseman Jonathon Blum and recalled forward Jason Zucker. The Wild have struggled mightily of late having lost six games in a row. During that stretch, their offense has generated 13 goals with eight of them coming in two games.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 1
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 15
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)