Jan 1, 2014, 12:53 PM EDT
A few moves around the league this afternoon.
The St. Louis Blues assigned forward Dmitrij Jaskin to AHL Chicago. Jaskin was called up when Alex Steen went out with a concussion. Steen isn’t healthy yet, but captain David Backes, who missed their past two games, is ready to return.
Jaskin scored his first career goal while he was in the lineup and that made for a great highlight.
The Minnesota Wild sent down defenseman Jonathon Blum and recalled forward Jason Zucker. The Wild have struggled mightily of late having lost six games in a row. During that stretch, their offense has generated 13 goals with eight of them coming in two games.
- Hitch needs ‘time to reflect’ before making decision on future 11
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 6
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 32
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 37
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 10
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 31
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)