Jan 1, 2014, 12:53 PM EDT
A few moves around the league this afternoon.
The St. Louis Blues assigned forward Dmitrij Jaskin to AHL Chicago. Jaskin was called up when Alex Steen went out with a concussion. Steen isn’t healthy yet, but captain David Backes, who missed their past two games, is ready to return.
Jaskin scored his first career goal while he was in the lineup and that made for a great highlight.
The Minnesota Wild sent down defenseman Jonathon Blum and recalled forward Jason Zucker. The Wild have struggled mightily of late having lost six games in a row. During that stretch, their offense has generated 13 goals with eight of them coming in two games.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 0
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 23
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (56)