Jan 1, 2014, 8:31 AM EDT
The Bruins have dropped two games in a row. In each game they’ve given up a boatload of goals, losing 4-3 to Ottawa and 5-3 to the Islanders last night.
“Did you see those goals [against Ottawa]? Yeah I didn’t blame myself for that game,” said Rask. “I wasn’t even supposed to play that game. I totally forgot about that game and then tried to regroup today.
“So I wouldn’t say I’m in a slump. You think so? Sure.”
You have to love the “Clerks” line getting thrown out as he essentially said, “I’m not even supposed to be here today,” regarding Ottawa.
The Bruins played against Ottawa without Dennis Seidenberg and Zdeno Chara. They’ll be without Seidenberg for the remainder of the season. Their loss to the Islanders is a bit more bothersome as Chara was back in and they blew a 3-1 second period lead.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)