Jan 1, 2014, 8:31 AM EST
The Bruins have dropped two games in a row. In each game they’ve given up a boatload of goals, losing 4-3 to Ottawa and 5-3 to the Islanders last night.
“Did you see those goals [against Ottawa]? Yeah I didn’t blame myself for that game,” said Rask. “I wasn’t even supposed to play that game. I totally forgot about that game and then tried to regroup today.
“So I wouldn’t say I’m in a slump. You think so? Sure.”
You have to love the “Clerks” line getting thrown out as he essentially said, “I’m not even supposed to be here today,” regarding Ottawa.
The Bruins played against Ottawa without Dennis Seidenberg and Zdeno Chara. They’ll be without Seidenberg for the remainder of the season. Their loss to the Islanders is a bit more bothersome as Chara was back in and they blew a 3-1 second period lead.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2