Jan 1, 2014, 8:31 AM EDT
The Bruins have dropped two games in a row. In each game they’ve given up a boatload of goals, losing 4-3 to Ottawa and 5-3 to the Islanders last night.
“Did you see those goals [against Ottawa]? Yeah I didn’t blame myself for that game,” said Rask. “I wasn’t even supposed to play that game. I totally forgot about that game and then tried to regroup today.
“So I wouldn’t say I’m in a slump. You think so? Sure.”
You have to love the “Clerks” line getting thrown out as he essentially said, “I’m not even supposed to be here today,” regarding Ottawa.
The Bruins played against Ottawa without Dennis Seidenberg and Zdeno Chara. They’ll be without Seidenberg for the remainder of the season. Their loss to the Islanders is a bit more bothersome as Chara was back in and they blew a 3-1 second period lead.
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 5
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 19
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)