Jan 1, 2014, 8:31 AM EDT
The Bruins have dropped two games in a row. In each game they’ve given up a boatload of goals, losing 4-3 to Ottawa and 5-3 to the Islanders last night.
“Did you see those goals [against Ottawa]? Yeah I didn’t blame myself for that game,” said Rask. “I wasn’t even supposed to play that game. I totally forgot about that game and then tried to regroup today.
“So I wouldn’t say I’m in a slump. You think so? Sure.”
You have to love the “Clerks” line getting thrown out as he essentially said, “I’m not even supposed to be here today,” regarding Ottawa.
The Bruins played against Ottawa without Dennis Seidenberg and Zdeno Chara. They’ll be without Seidenberg for the remainder of the season. Their loss to the Islanders is a bit more bothersome as Chara was back in and they blew a 3-1 second period lead.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)