Jan 1, 2014, 2:23 PM EST
Pyatt, who is in the final year of a two-year, $3.1 million contract with the Rangers, has no goals and one assist in 22 games. He hasn’t played since December 12 against Columbus.
Rangers captain Ryan Callahan could be returning to the Rangers lineup soon and this move will help free up the roster spot to activate him. That said, Pyatt has struggled when he’s played this season.
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 6
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3