Jan 1, 2014, 2:23 PM EST
Pyatt, who is in the final year of a two-year, $3.1 million contract with the Rangers, has no goals and one assist in 22 games. He hasn’t played since December 12 against Columbus.
Rangers captain Ryan Callahan could be returning to the Rangers lineup soon and this move will help free up the roster spot to activate him. That said, Pyatt has struggled when he’s played this season.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 9
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 6
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 34
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11