Jan 1, 2014, 2:23 PM EST
Pyatt, who is in the final year of a two-year, $3.1 million contract with the Rangers, has no goals and one assist in 22 games. He hasn’t played since December 12 against Columbus.
Rangers captain Ryan Callahan could be returning to the Rangers lineup soon and this move will help free up the roster spot to activate him. That said, Pyatt has struggled when he’s played this season.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 35
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28