Jan 1, 2014, 2:23 PM EDT
Pyatt, who is in the final year of a two-year, $3.1 million contract with the Rangers, has no goals and one assist in 22 games. He hasn’t played since December 12 against Columbus.
Rangers captain Ryan Callahan could be returning to the Rangers lineup soon and this move will help free up the roster spot to activate him. That said, Pyatt has struggled when he’s played this season.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54