Jan 1, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
The 2014 Winter Classic included a controversial moment, as Joffrey Lupul knocked Patrick Eaves out of the game with a questionable crosscheck that earned him a two-minute minor. The league will decide if there will be supplemental discipline, but the good news is that Detroit Red Wings GM Ken Holland said that nothing is “broken” for Eaves, the Detroit Free Press’ Helene St. James reports.
That doesn’t necessarily mean Eaves, 29, isn’t injured. The team will evaluate him for a possible concussion over the next few days, according to Holland.
Here’s video of that hit:
Lupul, 30, was suspended two games back in March, so he would be considered a repeat offender. That won’t help his cause, yet good injury news for Eaves could help him avoid a suspension. We’ll see, especially since there are still concussion concerns.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 115
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (115)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)