Jan 1, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
The 2014 Winter Classic included a controversial moment, as Joffrey Lupul knocked Patrick Eaves out of the game with a questionable crosscheck that earned him a two-minute minor. The league will decide if there will be supplemental discipline, but the good news is that Detroit Red Wings GM Ken Holland said that nothing is “broken” for Eaves, the Detroit Free Press’ Helene St. James reports.
That doesn’t necessarily mean Eaves, 29, isn’t injured. The team will evaluate him for a possible concussion over the next few days, according to Holland.
Here’s video of that hit:
Lupul, 30, was suspended two games back in March, so he would be considered a repeat offender. That won’t help his cause, yet good injury news for Eaves could help him avoid a suspension. We’ll see, especially since there are still concussion concerns.
- In praise of John Tavares 9
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 17
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 54
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31