Jan 1, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
The 2014 Winter Classic included a controversial moment, as Joffrey Lupul knocked Patrick Eaves out of the game with a questionable crosscheck that earned him a two-minute minor. The league will decide if there will be supplemental discipline, but the good news is that Detroit Red Wings GM Ken Holland said that nothing is “broken” for Eaves, the Detroit Free Press’ Helene St. James reports.
That doesn’t necessarily mean Eaves, 29, isn’t injured. The team will evaluate him for a possible concussion over the next few days, according to Holland.
Here’s video of that hit:
Lupul, 30, was suspended two games back in March, so he would be considered a repeat offender. That won’t help his cause, yet good injury news for Eaves could help him avoid a suspension. We’ll see, especially since there are still concussion concerns.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)