Jan 1, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
The 2014 Winter Classic included a controversial moment, as Joffrey Lupul knocked Patrick Eaves out of the game with a questionable crosscheck that earned him a two-minute minor. The league will decide if there will be supplemental discipline, but the good news is that Detroit Red Wings GM Ken Holland said that nothing is “broken” for Eaves, the Detroit Free Press’ Helene St. James reports.
That doesn’t necessarily mean Eaves, 29, isn’t injured. The team will evaluate him for a possible concussion over the next few days, according to Holland.
Here’s video of that hit:
Lupul, 30, was suspended two games back in March, so he would be considered a repeat offender. That won’t help his cause, yet good injury news for Eaves could help him avoid a suspension. We’ll see, especially since there are still concussion concerns.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6