Jan 1, 2014, 11:41 AM EDT
Columbus has placed forward Matt Calvert on IR with an upper-body injury and recalled Jonathan Marchessault from AHL Springfield, the club announced on Wednesday.
Marchessault, a talented scorer at the AHL level, leads Springfield in goals (12) and points (26) this season. The diminutive forward has appeared in two NHL contests, both coming with Columbus last season.
Calvert, 24, has four goals and eight points in 17 games this season, missing extensive time (19 games) earlier with an abdominal injury. He was averaging over 16 minutes per game prior to getting hurt.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 17
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 58
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (58)