Jan 1, 2014, 11:41 AM EDT
Columbus has placed forward Matt Calvert on IR with an upper-body injury and recalled Jonathan Marchessault from AHL Springfield, the club announced on Wednesday.
Marchessault, a talented scorer at the AHL level, leads Springfield in goals (12) and points (26) this season. The diminutive forward has appeared in two NHL contests, both coming with Columbus last season.
Calvert, 24, has four goals and eight points in 17 games this season, missing extensive time (19 games) earlier with an abdominal injury. He was averaging over 16 minutes per game prior to getting hurt.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 78
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (78)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)