Jan 1, 2014, 11:41 AM EDT
Columbus has placed forward Matt Calvert on IR with an upper-body injury and recalled Jonathan Marchessault from AHL Springfield, the club announced on Wednesday.
Marchessault, a talented scorer at the AHL level, leads Springfield in goals (12) and points (26) this season. The diminutive forward has appeared in two NHL contests, both coming with Columbus last season.
Calvert, 24, has four goals and eight points in 17 games this season, missing extensive time (19 games) earlier with an abdominal injury. He was averaging over 16 minutes per game prior to getting hurt.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 3
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 10
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 35
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)