Jan 1, 2014, 11:41 AM EDT
Columbus has placed forward Matt Calvert on IR with an upper-body injury and recalled Jonathan Marchessault from AHL Springfield, the club announced on Wednesday.
Marchessault, a talented scorer at the AHL level, leads Springfield in goals (12) and points (26) this season. The diminutive forward has appeared in two NHL contests, both coming with Columbus last season.
Calvert, 24, has four goals and eight points in 17 games this season, missing extensive time (19 games) earlier with an abdominal injury. He was averaging over 16 minutes per game prior to getting hurt.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)