Jan 1, 2014, 10:57 AM EST
Nashville’s Mike Fisher has been on a tear of late.
In his past two games, Fisher has six points with three goals in helping the Predators beat the Kings and Red Wings. As Mike Organ of The Tennessean shares, he gives credit to the Christmas break for his recent resurgence.
“The three days off and mom’s cooking at home didn’t hurt either,” Fisher said. “I definitely play better when I’m rested. I’ve been playing some nights a lot of minutes, so I’ve got to be smart and take the rest when I can.”
Three days off for Christmas did Fisher and the Predators a world of good. Getting back-to-back wins against a pair of contending teams to help break a five-game losing skid will make anyone feel good.
As it is, offense has been an issue for Nashville. Fisher’s 10 goals puts him second on the team behind Craig Smith in that category. His 19 points has him only six back of team leader David Legwand. If he can stay hot, perhaps the Preds can get back in the playoff picture out West.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 11
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 25
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11