Jan 1, 2014, 10:57 AM EDT
Nashville’s Mike Fisher has been on a tear of late.
In his past two games, Fisher has six points with three goals in helping the Predators beat the Kings and Red Wings. As Mike Organ of The Tennessean shares, he gives credit to the Christmas break for his recent resurgence.
“The three days off and mom’s cooking at home didn’t hurt either,” Fisher said. “I definitely play better when I’m rested. I’ve been playing some nights a lot of minutes, so I’ve got to be smart and take the rest when I can.”
Three days off for Christmas did Fisher and the Predators a world of good. Getting back-to-back wins against a pair of contending teams to help break a five-game losing skid will make anyone feel good.
As it is, offense has been an issue for Nashville. Fisher’s 10 goals puts him second on the team behind Craig Smith in that category. His 19 points has him only six back of team leader David Legwand. If he can stay hot, perhaps the Preds can get back in the playoff picture out West.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)