Jan 1, 2014, 10:57 AM EDT
Nashville’s Mike Fisher has been on a tear of late.
In his past two games, Fisher has six points with three goals in helping the Predators beat the Kings and Red Wings. As Mike Organ of The Tennessean shares, he gives credit to the Christmas break for his recent resurgence.
“The three days off and mom’s cooking at home didn’t hurt either,” Fisher said. “I definitely play better when I’m rested. I’ve been playing some nights a lot of minutes, so I’ve got to be smart and take the rest when I can.”
Three days off for Christmas did Fisher and the Predators a world of good. Getting back-to-back wins against a pair of contending teams to help break a five-game losing skid will make anyone feel good.
As it is, offense has been an issue for Nashville. Fisher’s 10 goals puts him second on the team behind Craig Smith in that category. His 19 points has him only six back of team leader David Legwand. If he can stay hot, perhaps the Preds can get back in the playoff picture out West.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 2
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 25
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)