Jan 1, 2014, 10:57 AM EST
Nashville’s Mike Fisher has been on a tear of late.
In his past two games, Fisher has six points with three goals in helping the Predators beat the Kings and Red Wings. As Mike Organ of The Tennessean shares, he gives credit to the Christmas break for his recent resurgence.
“The three days off and mom’s cooking at home didn’t hurt either,” Fisher said. “I definitely play better when I’m rested. I’ve been playing some nights a lot of minutes, so I’ve got to be smart and take the rest when I can.”
Three days off for Christmas did Fisher and the Predators a world of good. Getting back-to-back wins against a pair of contending teams to help break a five-game losing skid will make anyone feel good.
As it is, offense has been an issue for Nashville. Fisher’s 10 goals puts him second on the team behind Craig Smith in that category. His 19 points has him only six back of team leader David Legwand. If he can stay hot, perhaps the Preds can get back in the playoff picture out West.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)