Jan 1, 2014, 10:57 AM EST
Nashville’s Mike Fisher has been on a tear of late.
In his past two games, Fisher has six points with three goals in helping the Predators beat the Kings and Red Wings. As Mike Organ of The Tennessean shares, he gives credit to the Christmas break for his recent resurgence.
“The three days off and mom’s cooking at home didn’t hurt either,” Fisher said. “I definitely play better when I’m rested. I’ve been playing some nights a lot of minutes, so I’ve got to be smart and take the rest when I can.”
Three days off for Christmas did Fisher and the Predators a world of good. Getting back-to-back wins against a pair of contending teams to help break a five-game losing skid will make anyone feel good.
As it is, offense has been an issue for Nashville. Fisher’s 10 goals puts him second on the team behind Craig Smith in that category. His 19 points has him only six back of team leader David Legwand. If he can stay hot, perhaps the Preds can get back in the playoff picture out West.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 3
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 18
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)