Jan 1, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
Corey Crawford is back for Chicago.
After missing 10 games, Crawford will get the start against the New York Islanders on Thursday night on Long Island. Crawford’s last start came on December 8 against Florida and he left the game with an injury after 13 minutes.
CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers shares that Antti Raanta will backup Crawford. Jason LaBarbera, who was acquired to be the backup to Raanta while Crawford and Nikolai Khabibulin were out, will also travel with the team. Considering the Blackhawks’ luck with goalie injuries this season, it’s most likely better to be safe than sorry.
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 4
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 20
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 78
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 35
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 56
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (78)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (56)