Jan 1, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
Corey Crawford is back for Chicago.
After missing 10 games, Crawford will get the start against the New York Islanders on Thursday night on Long Island. Crawford’s last start came on December 8 against Florida and he left the game with an injury after 13 minutes.
CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers shares that Antti Raanta will backup Crawford. Jason LaBarbera, who was acquired to be the backup to Raanta while Crawford and Nikolai Khabibulin were out, will also travel with the team. Considering the Blackhawks’ luck with goalie injuries this season, it’s most likely better to be safe than sorry.
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 12
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 21
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 32
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)