Jan 1, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
Corey Crawford is back for Chicago.
After missing 10 games, Crawford will get the start against the New York Islanders on Thursday night on Long Island. Crawford’s last start came on December 8 against Florida and he left the game with an injury after 13 minutes.
CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers shares that Antti Raanta will backup Crawford. Jason LaBarbera, who was acquired to be the backup to Raanta while Crawford and Nikolai Khabibulin were out, will also travel with the team. Considering the Blackhawks’ luck with goalie injuries this season, it’s most likely better to be safe than sorry.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31