Jan 1, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
Corey Crawford is back for Chicago.
After missing 10 games, Crawford will get the start against the New York Islanders on Thursday night on Long Island. Crawford’s last start came on December 8 against Florida and he left the game with an injury after 13 minutes.
CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers shares that Antti Raanta will backup Crawford. Jason LaBarbera, who was acquired to be the backup to Raanta while Crawford and Nikolai Khabibulin were out, will also travel with the team. Considering the Blackhawks’ luck with goalie injuries this season, it’s most likely better to be safe than sorry.
- In praise of John Tavares 3
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 12
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31