Jan 1, 2014, 12:52 PM EDT
That’s the view from the press box here at the Big House as the 1 p.m. ET puck drop approaches. The players are out on the ice for the warm-up, and from what we can see, the puck seems to be sliding pretty well despite the snow that’s built up. The forecast is calling for light snow to keep falling throughout the game, so the shovelers should be busy.
The stadium’s about three-quarters full now. Looks like half Leafs fans; half Wings. Hopefully everyone with tickets (105,500 have been sold) can make it and the NHL can set the world record for attendance, but as the Globe and Mail reports, the roads could mean the record remains property of the Big Chill.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 11
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 32
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 44
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10