Jan 1, 2014, 12:52 PM EDT
That’s the view from the press box here at the Big House as the 1 p.m. ET puck drop approaches. The players are out on the ice for the warm-up, and from what we can see, the puck seems to be sliding pretty well despite the snow that’s built up. The forecast is calling for light snow to keep falling throughout the game, so the shovelers should be busy.
The stadium’s about three-quarters full now. Looks like half Leafs fans; half Wings. Hopefully everyone with tickets (105,500 have been sold) can make it and the NHL can set the world record for attendance, but as the Globe and Mail reports, the roads could mean the record remains property of the Big Chill.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5