Jan 1, 2014, 12:52 PM EDT
That’s the view from the press box here at the Big House as the 1 p.m. ET puck drop approaches. The players are out on the ice for the warm-up, and from what we can see, the puck seems to be sliding pretty well despite the snow that’s built up. The forecast is calling for light snow to keep falling throughout the game, so the shovelers should be busy.
The stadium’s about three-quarters full now. Looks like half Leafs fans; half Wings. Hopefully everyone with tickets (105,500 have been sold) can make it and the NHL can set the world record for attendance, but as the Globe and Mail reports, the roads could mean the record remains property of the Big Chill.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54