Dec 31, 2013, 8:58 PM EDT
For the first time since their losing streak began, the Minnesota Wild held their competition to just two goals. That still wasn’t enough to stop the bleeding.
Josh Harding stopped just 26 of 31 shots after a four-game absence on Saturday as the Wild blew a 3-0 lead in an eventual 5-4 loss against the New York Islanders. After that humiliating defeat, they started tonight’s contest strong, but fizzled out.
“What it came down to is we broke,” Minnesota Wild coach Mike Yeo said in his postgame presser.
St. Louis Blues forward T.J. Oshie and Jaden Schwartz each found the back of the net, but they were the only ones able to beat Harding tonight. On the other end of the ice, Ryan Suter spoiled goaltender Brian Elliott shutout bid with just 8.3 seconds left in the third period of the Blues 2-1 win.
After dropping six straight games, Minnesota is still just two points shy of the second Wild Card spot, which is currently occupied by the Phoenix Coyotes. However, Phoenix has played in four fewer contests going into its match against Edmonton tonight.
Jul 4, 2015, 11:20 PM EDT
Vancouver started its development camp this weekend.
Jul 4, 2015, 10:10 PM EDT
His offensive totals were down, but was regularly used on penalty kill.
Jul 4, 2015, 8:40 PM EDT
Spent most of the 2014-15 season in the OHL.
Jul 4, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
They had agreed to terms last weekend.
Jul 4, 2015, 5:40 PM EDT
Played 37 games with Edmonton last season before getting sent back to the WHL.
Jul 4, 2015, 4:10 PM EDT
He signed with Pittsburgh on Wednesday.
Jul 4, 2015, 2:57 PM EDT
Both received two-way deals.
Jul 4, 2015, 2:01 PM EDT
Will he make the 2015-16 Flyers?
Jul 4, 2015, 12:48 PM EDT
Washington’s AHL tandem has more NHL playing experience than Holtby and Grubauer.
Jul 4, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
He usually gets at least one stint in the NHL per season.
Jul 4, 2015, 10:18 AM EDT
The two sides reportedly aren’t close to an agreement.
Jul 4, 2015, 9:09 AM EDT
What role he has could depend on the Kings and league’s decision regarding Slava Voynov.
Jul 3, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
Scored 13 goals in 54 games last season.
Jul 3, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
He was sentenced in September, 2013.
Jul 3, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Spent the last three seasons in the KHL.
Jul 3, 2015, 7:44 PM EDT
Buffalo also signed Cal O’Reilly, who played last season with the AHL Utica Comets.
Jul 3, 2015, 6:43 PM EDT
He signed a six-year, $36 million deal with Columbus.
Jul 3, 2015, 5:44 PM EDT
“Joel is a quality veteran player who can score but also plays an extremely hard-nosed brand of hockey.”
Jul 3, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
Could make things interesting next season.
Jul 3, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
Brings a wealth of success, experience at AHL, collegiate levels.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)