Dec 31, 2013, 10:16 AM EDT
Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin probably wasn’t happy seeing his team lose to the Ottawa Senators on Monday night. One thing he really wasn’t pleased about was the shot in the head he took from Sens forward Chris Neil.
Check out the video from CSNWashington.com to see the play in question.
Neil wasn’t penalized for the hit and was injured on the play and did not return.
Following the game, Ovechkin made sure to mention the play and didn’t hold back his feelings as Katie Carrera of The Washington Post shares.
“Four guys out there didn’t do their job, maybe they decide to celebrate New Year’s too early right before the game and they didn’t see headshots [from] Neil against me,” Ovechkin said. “He fell on the ice, it was kind of embarrassing to see.”
Tell us how you really feel, Alex.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)