Dec 31, 2013, 10:16 AM EDT
Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin probably wasn’t happy seeing his team lose to the Ottawa Senators on Monday night. One thing he really wasn’t pleased about was the shot in the head he took from Sens forward Chris Neil.
Check out the video from CSNWashington.com to see the play in question.
Neil wasn’t penalized for the hit and was injured on the play and did not return.
Following the game, Ovechkin made sure to mention the play and didn’t hold back his feelings as Katie Carrera of The Washington Post shares.
“Four guys out there didn’t do their job, maybe they decide to celebrate New Year’s too early right before the game and they didn’t see headshots [from] Neil against me,” Ovechkin said. “He fell on the ice, it was kind of embarrassing to see.”
Tell us how you really feel, Alex.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53