Dec 31, 2013, 10:16 AM EST
Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin probably wasn’t happy seeing his team lose to the Ottawa Senators on Monday night. One thing he really wasn’t pleased about was the shot in the head he took from Sens forward Chris Neil.
Check out the video from CSNWashington.com to see the play in question.
Neil wasn’t penalized for the hit and was injured on the play and did not return.
Following the game, Ovechkin made sure to mention the play and didn’t hold back his feelings as Katie Carrera of The Washington Post shares.
“Four guys out there didn’t do their job, maybe they decide to celebrate New Year’s too early right before the game and they didn’t see headshots [from] Neil against me,” Ovechkin said. “He fell on the ice, it was kind of embarrassing to see.”
Tell us how you really feel, Alex.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 20
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 16
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 13
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 10
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4