Dec 31, 2013, 10:16 AM EDT
Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin probably wasn’t happy seeing his team lose to the Ottawa Senators on Monday night. One thing he really wasn’t pleased about was the shot in the head he took from Sens forward Chris Neil.
Check out the video from CSNWashington.com to see the play in question.
Neil wasn’t penalized for the hit and was injured on the play and did not return.
Following the game, Ovechkin made sure to mention the play and didn’t hold back his feelings as Katie Carrera of The Washington Post shares.
“Four guys out there didn’t do their job, maybe they decide to celebrate New Year’s too early right before the game and they didn’t see headshots [from] Neil against me,” Ovechkin said. “He fell on the ice, it was kind of embarrassing to see.”
Tell us how you really feel, Alex.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5