Dec 31, 2013, 10:16 AM EDT
Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin probably wasn’t happy seeing his team lose to the Ottawa Senators on Monday night. One thing he really wasn’t pleased about was the shot in the head he took from Sens forward Chris Neil.
Check out the video from CSNWashington.com to see the play in question.
Neil wasn’t penalized for the hit and was injured on the play and did not return.
Following the game, Ovechkin made sure to mention the play and didn’t hold back his feelings as Katie Carrera of The Washington Post shares.
“Four guys out there didn’t do their job, maybe they decide to celebrate New Year’s too early right before the game and they didn’t see headshots [from] Neil against me,” Ovechkin said. “He fell on the ice, it was kind of embarrassing to see.”
Tell us how you really feel, Alex.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 18
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13