Dec 31, 2013, 9:15 PM EST
Late in the first period, Perry had two quick opportunities to fire hard shots at Niemi and was denied both times. You can see the video of that below:
That kept the game from slipping away and made Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle‘s early second period marker a game-tying goal.
Perry is tied for fourth in the NHL with 22 goals in 41 contests. Meanwhile, Niemi is going for his fourth straight victory to tie Pittsburgh’s Marc-Andre Fleury for first place with 22 wins.
This is a key game for both teams as they battle for the Central Division title. Anaheim has a five-point edge over San Jose in that battle, but the Sharks have played in two fewer contests, so a win tonight would put them within striking distance.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 0
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 24
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)