Dec 31, 2013, 9:15 PM EST
Late in the first period, Perry had two quick opportunities to fire hard shots at Niemi and was denied both times. You can see the video of that below:
That kept the game from slipping away and made Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle‘s early second period marker a game-tying goal.
Perry is tied for fourth in the NHL with 22 goals in 41 contests. Meanwhile, Niemi is going for his fourth straight victory to tie Pittsburgh’s Marc-Andre Fleury for first place with 22 wins.
This is a key game for both teams as they battle for the Central Division title. Anaheim has a five-point edge over San Jose in that battle, but the Sharks have played in two fewer contests, so a win tonight would put them within striking distance.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 8
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 35
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 18
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32