Dec 31, 2013, 8:17 PM EDT
As is often the case when talking about the upcoming Winter Olympics, it starts with the qualifier that the player in question is focused on his current duties. That being said, Chicago’s Jonathan Toews thinks that he’s “as prepared as they come” to serve as Team Canada’s captain.
“If given that chance, with the experiences I’ve had with this team going to two Stanley Cup finals and coming out on top … that’s the type of experience you take with you to a tournament like that,” Toews told the Chicago Tribune.
Canada has no shortage of leadership options with Sidney Crosby being among the noteworthy alternatives. Among his many accomplishments is a Stanley Cup championship and scoring the game-winning goal for Canada in the 2010 gold medal run.
Regardless of who’s wearing the ‘C’, Toews is looking forward to playing for Canada again. He should play a big role too after scoring 15 goals and 40 points in 42 games this season.
“You’re playing with the best players from your country but also against the best players in the world, and that’s the ultimate level in your sport.”
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)