Dec 31, 2013, 8:17 PM EST
As is often the case when talking about the upcoming Winter Olympics, it starts with the qualifier that the player in question is focused on his current duties. That being said, Chicago’s Jonathan Toews thinks that he’s “as prepared as they come” to serve as Team Canada’s captain.
“If given that chance, with the experiences I’ve had with this team going to two Stanley Cup finals and coming out on top … that’s the type of experience you take with you to a tournament like that,” Toews told the Chicago Tribune.
Canada has no shortage of leadership options with Sidney Crosby being among the noteworthy alternatives. Among his many accomplishments is a Stanley Cup championship and scoring the game-winning goal for Canada in the 2010 gold medal run.
Regardless of who’s wearing the ‘C’, Toews is looking forward to playing for Canada again. He should play a big role too after scoring 15 goals and 40 points in 42 games this season.
“You’re playing with the best players from your country but also against the best players in the world, and that’s the ultimate level in your sport.”
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)