Dec 31, 2013, 1:57 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks put oft-injured forward Martin Havlat on IR Tuesday, calling up Freddie Hamilton from AHL Worcester in the process.
Havlat, who missed almost all of October recovering from groin surgery, has had a forgettable campaign thus far. He has just three goals and eight points in 22 games, been the subject of trade rumors and seems to be the odd man out in San Jose’s forward group, often getting shuttled around by head coach Todd McLellan.
The 32-year-old Czech forward has already missed two games with the ailment — against Phoenix and Anaheim — and won’t play tonight when the Sharks take on the Ducks.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 17
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)