Dec 31, 2013, 1:57 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks put oft-injured forward Martin Havlat on IR Tuesday, calling up Freddie Hamilton from AHL Worcester in the process.
Havlat, who missed almost all of October recovering from groin surgery, has had a forgettable campaign thus far. He has just three goals and eight points in 22 games, been the subject of trade rumors and seems to be the odd man out in San Jose’s forward group, often getting shuttled around by head coach Todd McLellan.
The 32-year-old Czech forward has already missed two games with the ailment — against Phoenix and Anaheim — and won’t play tonight when the Sharks take on the Ducks.
- Risk Factors: St. Louis Blues edition 0
- Ryan agrees to seven-year, $50.75 million extension 11
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 37
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (37)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)