Dec 31, 2013, 1:57 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks put oft-injured forward Martin Havlat on IR Tuesday, calling up Freddie Hamilton from AHL Worcester in the process.
Havlat, who missed almost all of October recovering from groin surgery, has had a forgettable campaign thus far. He has just three goals and eight points in 22 games, been the subject of trade rumors and seems to be the odd man out in San Jose’s forward group, often getting shuttled around by head coach Todd McLellan.
The 32-year-old Czech forward has already missed two games with the ailment — against Phoenix and Anaheim — and won’t play tonight when the Sharks take on the Ducks.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 13
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 21
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 37
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 7
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)