Dec 31, 2013, 1:57 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks put oft-injured forward Martin Havlat on IR Tuesday, calling up Freddie Hamilton from AHL Worcester in the process.
Havlat, who missed almost all of October recovering from groin surgery, has had a forgettable campaign thus far. He has just three goals and eight points in 22 games, been the subject of trade rumors and seems to be the odd man out in San Jose’s forward group, often getting shuttled around by head coach Todd McLellan.
The 32-year-old Czech forward has already missed two games with the ailment — against Phoenix and Anaheim — and won’t play tonight when the Sharks take on the Ducks.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 23
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 46
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 20
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 85
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)