Dec 31, 2013, 1:57 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks put oft-injured forward Martin Havlat on IR Tuesday, calling up Freddie Hamilton from AHL Worcester in the process.
Havlat, who missed almost all of October recovering from groin surgery, has had a forgettable campaign thus far. He has just three goals and eight points in 22 games, been the subject of trade rumors and seems to be the odd man out in San Jose’s forward group, often getting shuttled around by head coach Todd McLellan.
The 32-year-old Czech forward has already missed two games with the ailment — against Phoenix and Anaheim — and won’t play tonight when the Sharks take on the Ducks.
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 0
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 22
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24