Dec 31, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
Red Wings forward Luke Glendening might get to double down on playing outdoors in Michigan.
The team recalled Glendening from AHL Grand Rapids and sent down forward Tomas Jurco to make room for him.
Glendening played and had two goals in Monday night’s AHL Hockeytown Winter Festival in which the Toronto Marlies beat Grand Rapids 4-3 in a shootout. Now he’ll be set to potentially play in the 2014 Winter Classic on January 1.
Glendening has already had a turn with the Red Wings this season playing 16 games and earning one assist. Jurco had two goals and one assist in seven games with Detroit.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)