Dec 31, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
Red Wings forward Luke Glendening might get to double down on playing outdoors in Michigan.
The team recalled Glendening from AHL Grand Rapids and sent down forward Tomas Jurco to make room for him.
Glendening played and had two goals in Monday night’s AHL Hockeytown Winter Festival in which the Toronto Marlies beat Grand Rapids 4-3 in a shootout. Now he’ll be set to potentially play in the 2014 Winter Classic on January 1.
Glendening has already had a turn with the Red Wings this season playing 16 games and earning one assist. Jurco had two goals and one assist in seven games with Detroit.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)