Dec 31, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
Red Wings forward Luke Glendening might get to double down on playing outdoors in Michigan.
The team recalled Glendening from AHL Grand Rapids and sent down forward Tomas Jurco to make room for him.
Glendening played and had two goals in Monday night’s AHL Hockeytown Winter Festival in which the Toronto Marlies beat Grand Rapids 4-3 in a shootout. Now he’ll be set to potentially play in the 2014 Winter Classic on January 1.
Glendening has already had a turn with the Red Wings this season playing 16 games and earning one assist. Jurco had two goals and one assist in seven games with Detroit.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 90
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32