Dec 31, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
Red Wings forward Luke Glendening might get to double down on playing outdoors in Michigan.
The team recalled Glendening from AHL Grand Rapids and sent down forward Tomas Jurco to make room for him.
Glendening played and had two goals in Monday night’s AHL Hockeytown Winter Festival in which the Toronto Marlies beat Grand Rapids 4-3 in a shootout. Now he’ll be set to potentially play in the 2014 Winter Classic on January 1.
Glendening has already had a turn with the Red Wings this season playing 16 games and earning one assist. Jurco had two goals and one assist in seven games with Detroit.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)