Dec 31, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
Red Wings forward Luke Glendening might get to double down on playing outdoors in Michigan.
The team recalled Glendening from AHL Grand Rapids and sent down forward Tomas Jurco to make room for him.
Glendening played and had two goals in Monday night’s AHL Hockeytown Winter Festival in which the Toronto Marlies beat Grand Rapids 4-3 in a shootout. Now he’ll be set to potentially play in the 2014 Winter Classic on January 1.
Glendening has already had a turn with the Red Wings this season playing 16 games and earning one assist. Jurco had two goals and one assist in seven games with Detroit.
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 4
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 6
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 28
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)