Dec 31, 2013, 1:07 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs and Detroit Red Wings are about to embark on the first of two Winter Classic Alumni Showdown games, and you can watch them all via NBCSports.com’s Live Extra.
The second of the two games — set to get underway around 3:30 p.m. ET — is the higher-profile affair, with a number of Hall of Famers set to partake. Both will be played at Comerica Park, home of the Detroit Tigers.
GAME 1 ROSTERS (1 p.m. ET)
Red Wings: Forwards: John Ogrodnick, Dallas Drake, Jimmy Carson, Martin Lapointe, Petr Klima, Dennis Polonich, Red Berenson, Garry Unger, Kevin Miller, Pat Verbeek, Paul Ysebaert, Brent Fedyk, Mike Knuble; Defensemen: Jason Woolley, Aaron Ward, Steve Duchesne, Mathieu Dandenault, Jiri Fischer, Mathieu Schneider; Goalies: Kevin Hodson, Ken Holland and Eddie Mio; Coaches: Scotty Bowman and Barry Smith; Ambassadors: Gordie Howe, Ted Lindsay and Vladimir Konstantinov.
Maple Leafs: Forwards: Dan Daoust, Mark Osborne, Bill Derlago, Stew Gavin, Pat Boutette, Rob Pearson, Claude Loiselle, Brad May, Shayne Corson, Tom Fergus, Mike Krushelnyski, Dave McLlwain, Todd Warriner, Dave Reid, Nikolai Borschevsky, Lou Franceschetti and Mike Johnson; Defensemen: Mike Pelyk, Jamie Macoun, Matt Martin, Brad Marsh, Greg Hothan and Cory Cross; Goalies: Mark Laforest and Peter Ing; Coaches: Tom Watt, Ron Ellis and Dan Maloney.
GAME 2 ROSTERS (3:30 p.m. ET)
Red Wings: Forwards: Steve Yzerman, Brendan Shanahan, Igor Larionov, Mickey Redmond, Tomas Holmstrom, Kris Draper, Kirk Maltby, Darren McCarty, Joe Kocur, Dino Ciccarelli, Slava Kozlov, Sergei Fedorov and Doug Brown; Defensemen: Nicklas Lidstrom, Chris Chelios, Mark Howe, Larry Murphy, Slava Fetisov, Paul Coffey and Brian Rafalski; Goalies: Chris Osgood and Manny Legace; Coaches: Scotty Bowman and Barry Smith; Ambassadors: Gordie Howe, Ted Lindsay and Vladimir Konstantinov.
Maple Leafs: Forwards: Darryl Sittler, Rick Vaive, Wendel Clark, Doug Gilmour, Dave Andreychuk, Darcy Tucker, Kevin Maguire, Gary Leeman, Russ Courtnall, Gary Roberts, Lanny McDonald, Tiger Williams, Mike Walton, Tie Domi, Mike Gartner, Joe Nieuwendyk, Steve Thomas and Steve Sullivan; Defensemen: Dave Ellett, Bryan McCabe, Bob McGill, Al Iafrate and Bryan Berard; Goalies: Curtis Joseph, Felix Potvin and Mike Palmateer; Coaches: Pat Quinn and Red Kelly.
OTHER INVITED AMBASSADORS
Red Wings: Marcel Pronovost, Gerard Gallant, Lee Norwood, Bill Gadsby, Dave Lewis, Eddie Giacomin, Nick Libett, Norm Ullman, Dale McCourt, Greg Stefan, Brad Smith, Dennis Hextall and Jim Rutherford.
Maple Leafs: Johnny Bower, Jim McKenny, Frank Mahovlich, Bob Nevin, Terry Clancy, Brian Conacher, Pat Hickey, Rod Seiling, Jim Dorey and Doug Favell.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 16
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 10
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 42
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 54
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (42)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)