Dec 31, 2013, 1:07 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs and Detroit Red Wings are about to embark on the first of two Winter Classic Alumni Showdown games, and you can watch them all via NBCSports.com’s Live Extra.
The second of the two games — set to get underway around 3:30 p.m. ET — is the higher-profile affair, with a number of Hall of Famers set to partake. Both will be played at Comerica Park, home of the Detroit Tigers.
GAME 1 ROSTERS (1 p.m. ET)
Red Wings: Forwards: John Ogrodnick, Dallas Drake, Jimmy Carson, Martin Lapointe, Petr Klima, Dennis Polonich, Red Berenson, Garry Unger, Kevin Miller, Pat Verbeek, Paul Ysebaert, Brent Fedyk, Mike Knuble; Defensemen: Jason Woolley, Aaron Ward, Steve Duchesne, Mathieu Dandenault, Jiri Fischer, Mathieu Schneider; Goalies: Kevin Hodson, Ken Holland and Eddie Mio; Coaches: Scotty Bowman and Barry Smith; Ambassadors: Gordie Howe, Ted Lindsay and Vladimir Konstantinov.
Maple Leafs: Forwards: Dan Daoust, Mark Osborne, Bill Derlago, Stew Gavin, Pat Boutette, Rob Pearson, Claude Loiselle, Brad May, Shayne Corson, Tom Fergus, Mike Krushelnyski, Dave McLlwain, Todd Warriner, Dave Reid, Nikolai Borschevsky, Lou Franceschetti and Mike Johnson; Defensemen: Mike Pelyk, Jamie Macoun, Matt Martin, Brad Marsh, Greg Hothan and Cory Cross; Goalies: Mark Laforest and Peter Ing; Coaches: Tom Watt, Ron Ellis and Dan Maloney.
GAME 2 ROSTERS (3:30 p.m. ET)
Red Wings: Forwards: Steve Yzerman, Brendan Shanahan, Igor Larionov, Mickey Redmond, Tomas Holmstrom, Kris Draper, Kirk Maltby, Darren McCarty, Joe Kocur, Dino Ciccarelli, Slava Kozlov, Sergei Fedorov and Doug Brown; Defensemen: Nicklas Lidstrom, Chris Chelios, Mark Howe, Larry Murphy, Slava Fetisov, Paul Coffey and Brian Rafalski; Goalies: Chris Osgood and Manny Legace; Coaches: Scotty Bowman and Barry Smith; Ambassadors: Gordie Howe, Ted Lindsay and Vladimir Konstantinov.
Maple Leafs: Forwards: Darryl Sittler, Rick Vaive, Wendel Clark, Doug Gilmour, Dave Andreychuk, Darcy Tucker, Kevin Maguire, Gary Leeman, Russ Courtnall, Gary Roberts, Lanny McDonald, Tiger Williams, Mike Walton, Tie Domi, Mike Gartner, Joe Nieuwendyk, Steve Thomas and Steve Sullivan; Defensemen: Dave Ellett, Bryan McCabe, Bob McGill, Al Iafrate and Bryan Berard; Goalies: Curtis Joseph, Felix Potvin and Mike Palmateer; Coaches: Pat Quinn and Red Kelly.
OTHER INVITED AMBASSADORS
Red Wings: Marcel Pronovost, Gerard Gallant, Lee Norwood, Bill Gadsby, Dave Lewis, Eddie Giacomin, Nick Libett, Norm Ullman, Dale McCourt, Greg Stefan, Brad Smith, Dennis Hextall and Jim Rutherford.
Maple Leafs: Johnny Bower, Jim McKenny, Frank Mahovlich, Bob Nevin, Terry Clancy, Brian Conacher, Pat Hickey, Rod Seiling, Jim Dorey and Doug Favell.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 16
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)