Dec 31, 2013, 9:36 PM EDT
There’s still no timetable for his return, although Sharks GM Doug Wilson previously stated that Hertl would be sidelined for at least a month. It could prove to be significantly longer than that though and it has been reported that he’s already been ruled out for the 2014 Winter Olympics.
This injury derailed what had been a strong rookie campaign. He got off to a fantastic start with six goals in his first three games, including his four-goal night on Oct. 8. Although he predictably slowed down, Hertl continued to contribute with 15 goals and 25 points in 35 games this season.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 0
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 1
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 4
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5