Dec 31, 2013, 9:36 PM EDT
There’s still no timetable for his return, although Sharks GM Doug Wilson previously stated that Hertl would be sidelined for at least a month. It could prove to be significantly longer than that though and it has been reported that he’s already been ruled out for the 2014 Winter Olympics.
This injury derailed what had been a strong rookie campaign. He got off to a fantastic start with six goals in his first three games, including his four-goal night on Oct. 8. Although he predictably slowed down, Hertl continued to contribute with 15 goals and 25 points in 35 games this season.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25