Dec 31, 2013, 9:41 AM EDT
The Coyotes are closer to getting their captain back on the ice.
Forward Shane Doan rejoined the team at practice on Monday and after battling Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever for most of December. Doan says he’s happy to just be in shape enough to skate again as Sarah McLellan of the Arizona Republic reports.
“Being off three weeks, it’s tough on the body,” Doan said. “Being off and lying down and not really doing much and fighting whatever it is, it makes it hard.”
Doan is off antibiotics for the rare bacterial illness and the Coyotes’ offense could use him back.
The timing of his illness couldn’t have come at a worse time as he’s been solid this season with 23 points in 27 games. He’s also tied with Antoine Vermette for the team lead in goals with 12.
He last played December 4 against Calgary. The Coyotes have gone 3-2-5 while he’s been out with the illness.
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 40
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 17
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 17
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 13
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)