Dec 31, 2013, 7:20 PM EDT
St. Louis Blues forward Chris Stewart‘s night came to an abrupt and terrible end when a shot by Minnesota’s Jason Pominville struck him in the face. He collapsed to the ice and lay there motionless before finally being taken to the dressing room.
The Blues have confirmed that Stewart won’t return tonight. St. Louis is already trying to get by without forwards David Backes and Alexander Steen, so the loss of Stewart for any extended period of time would be a major blow.
Stewart, 26, has 13 goals, nine assists, and 73 penalty minutes in 39 games this season.
The Blues have a 1-0 lead over the Wild halfway through the second period.
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 13
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)