Dec 31, 2013, 7:20 PM EST
St. Louis Blues forward Chris Stewart‘s night came to an abrupt and terrible end when a shot by Minnesota’s Jason Pominville struck him in the face. He collapsed to the ice and lay there motionless before finally being taken to the dressing room.
The Blues have confirmed that Stewart won’t return tonight. St. Louis is already trying to get by without forwards David Backes and Alexander Steen, so the loss of Stewart for any extended period of time would be a major blow.
Stewart, 26, has 13 goals, nine assists, and 73 penalty minutes in 39 games this season.
The Blues have a 1-0 lead over the Wild halfway through the second period.
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 0
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 16
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 35
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40