Dec 31, 2013, 7:20 PM EDT
St. Louis Blues forward Chris Stewart‘s night came to an abrupt and terrible end when a shot by Minnesota’s Jason Pominville struck him in the face. He collapsed to the ice and lay there motionless before finally being taken to the dressing room.
The Blues have confirmed that Stewart won’t return tonight. St. Louis is already trying to get by without forwards David Backes and Alexander Steen, so the loss of Stewart for any extended period of time would be a major blow.
Stewart, 26, has 13 goals, nine assists, and 73 penalty minutes in 39 games this season.
The Blues have a 1-0 lead over the Wild halfway through the second period.
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 0
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 11
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13