Dec 31, 2013, 7:20 PM EDT
St. Louis Blues forward Chris Stewart‘s night came to an abrupt and terrible end when a shot by Minnesota’s Jason Pominville struck him in the face. He collapsed to the ice and lay there motionless before finally being taken to the dressing room.
The Blues have confirmed that Stewart won’t return tonight. St. Louis is already trying to get by without forwards David Backes and Alexander Steen, so the loss of Stewart for any extended period of time would be a major blow.
Stewart, 26, has 13 goals, nine assists, and 73 penalty minutes in 39 games this season.
The Blues have a 1-0 lead over the Wild halfway through the second period.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 38
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 34
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 30
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)