Dec 31, 2013, 7:20 PM EDT
St. Louis Blues forward Chris Stewart‘s night came to an abrupt and terrible end when a shot by Minnesota’s Jason Pominville struck him in the face. He collapsed to the ice and lay there motionless before finally being taken to the dressing room.
The Blues have confirmed that Stewart won’t return tonight. St. Louis is already trying to get by without forwards David Backes and Alexander Steen, so the loss of Stewart for any extended period of time would be a major blow.
Stewart, 26, has 13 goals, nine assists, and 73 penalty minutes in 39 games this season.
The Blues have a 1-0 lead over the Wild halfway through the second period.
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 21
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 5
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)