Dec 31, 2013, 4:33 PM EST
Tuesday was the Martin Brodeur show in New Jersey.
The veteran netminder did it all against Pittsburgh at the Prudential Center, turning aside 19 shots while notching the second assist on Michael Ryder‘s game-winning tally as the Devils beat the Pens 2-1 to close out 2013.
Brodeur was nonchalant about registering the 44th assist of his career.
“I almost gave up the puck,” he told the Star-Ledger. “I got lucky on the assist. I’ll take it.”
Here’s the goal:
The win moved the Devils to 17-16-1 on the year, though it was not all smiles as veteran forward Patrik Elias needed to be helped off the ice following a first-period collision with Tanner Glass. Elias looked shaken up leaving the ice and didn’t return to the game, and head coach Peter DeBoer said the club would update his condition tomorrow morning.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)