Dec 31, 2013, 4:33 PM EDT
Tuesday was the Martin Brodeur show in New Jersey.
The veteran netminder did it all against Pittsburgh at the Prudential Center, turning aside 19 shots while notching the second assist on Michael Ryder‘s game-winning tally as the Devils beat the Pens 2-1 to close out 2013.
Brodeur was nonchalant about registering the 44th assist of his career.
“I almost gave up the puck,” he told the Star-Ledger. “I got lucky on the assist. I’ll take it.”
Here’s the goal:
The win moved the Devils to 17-16-1 on the year, though it was not all smiles as veteran forward Patrik Elias needed to be helped off the ice following a first-period collision with Tanner Glass. Elias looked shaken up leaving the ice and didn’t return to the game, and head coach Peter DeBoer said the club would update his condition tomorrow morning.
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 40
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 17
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 17
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 13
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)