Dec 31, 2013, 2:04 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets are making sure to take care of business with their recent draft picks.
The team announced they’ve signed 2013 first-round pick Kerby Rychel to his three-year entry-level contract.
Rychel was one of three first-round picks by the Blue Jackets in the 2013 draft. Forwards Alexander Wennberg (14th overall) and Marko Dano (27th overall) were the other two.
This season in the OHL with the Windsor Spitfires and Guelph Storm, the 6’1″ 205-pound winger has a total of 17 goals and 28 assists in 30 combined games.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)