Dec 31, 2013, 2:04 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets are making sure to take care of business with their recent draft picks.
The team announced they’ve signed 2013 first-round pick Kerby Rychel to his three-year entry-level contract.
Rychel was one of three first-round picks by the Blue Jackets in the 2013 draft. Forwards Alexander Wennberg (14th overall) and Marko Dano (27th overall) were the other two.
This season in the OHL with the Windsor Spitfires and Guelph Storm, the 6’1″ 205-pound winger has a total of 17 goals and 28 assists in 30 combined games.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 52
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5