Dec 31, 2013, 2:04 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets are making sure to take care of business with their recent draft picks.
The team announced they’ve signed 2013 first-round pick Kerby Rychel to his three-year entry-level contract.
Rychel was one of three first-round picks by the Blue Jackets in the 2013 draft. Forwards Alexander Wennberg (14th overall) and Marko Dano (27th overall) were the other two.
This season in the OHL with the Windsor Spitfires and Guelph Storm, the 6’1″ 205-pound winger has a total of 17 goals and 28 assists in 30 combined games.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 7
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)