Dec 31, 2013, 2:04 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets are making sure to take care of business with their recent draft picks.
The team announced they’ve signed 2013 first-round pick Kerby Rychel to his three-year entry-level contract.
Rychel was one of three first-round picks by the Blue Jackets in the 2013 draft. Forwards Alexander Wennberg (14th overall) and Marko Dano (27th overall) were the other two.
This season in the OHL with the Windsor Spitfires and Guelph Storm, the 6’1″ 205-pound winger has a total of 17 goals and 28 assists in 30 combined games.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 9
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)