Dec 31, 2013, 2:04 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets are making sure to take care of business with their recent draft picks.
The team announced they’ve signed 2013 first-round pick Kerby Rychel to his three-year entry-level contract.
Rychel was one of three first-round picks by the Blue Jackets in the 2013 draft. Forwards Alexander Wennberg (14th overall) and Marko Dano (27th overall) were the other two.
This season in the OHL with the Windsor Spitfires and Guelph Storm, the 6’1″ 205-pound winger has a total of 17 goals and 28 assists in 30 combined games.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 6
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 16
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 14
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 54
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)