Dec 30, 2013, 12:12 PM EST
The Canucks have called up defenseman Frank Corrado from AHL Utica, the club announced on Monday.
Corrado, 20, has appeared in three NHL contests — all with Vancouver — but has spent this season with the Comets, scoring two goals and five points in 29 games.
Corrado’s recall comes after defenseman Andrew Alberts suffered a concussion during Vancouver’s 2-0 win over Calgary on Sunday. Alberts was in the lineup to replace Alex Edler, currently sidelined with a lower-body issue.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 7
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)