Dec 30, 2013, 12:12 PM EDT
The Canucks have called up defenseman Frank Corrado from AHL Utica, the club announced on Monday.
Corrado, 20, has appeared in three NHL contests — all with Vancouver — but has spent this season with the Comets, scoring two goals and five points in 29 games.
Corrado’s recall comes after defenseman Andrew Alberts suffered a concussion during Vancouver’s 2-0 win over Calgary on Sunday. Alberts was in the lineup to replace Alex Edler, currently sidelined with a lower-body issue.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 4
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 32
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 35
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 52
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (54)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)