Dec 30, 2013, 12:12 PM EST
The Canucks have called up defenseman Frank Corrado from AHL Utica, the club announced on Monday.
Corrado, 20, has appeared in three NHL contests — all with Vancouver — but has spent this season with the Comets, scoring two goals and five points in 29 games.
Corrado’s recall comes after defenseman Andrew Alberts suffered a concussion during Vancouver’s 2-0 win over Calgary on Sunday. Alberts was in the lineup to replace Alex Edler, currently sidelined with a lower-body issue.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 3
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 20
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 19
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)