Dec 30, 2013, 12:12 PM EDT
The Canucks have called up defenseman Frank Corrado from AHL Utica, the club announced on Monday.
Corrado, 20, has appeared in three NHL contests — all with Vancouver — but has spent this season with the Comets, scoring two goals and five points in 29 games.
Corrado’s recall comes after defenseman Andrew Alberts suffered a concussion during Vancouver’s 2-0 win over Calgary on Sunday. Alberts was in the lineup to replace Alex Edler, currently sidelined with a lower-body issue.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35