Dec 30, 2013, 12:12 PM EST
The Canucks have called up defenseman Frank Corrado from AHL Utica, the club announced on Monday.
Corrado, 20, has appeared in three NHL contests — all with Vancouver — but has spent this season with the Comets, scoring two goals and five points in 29 games.
Corrado’s recall comes after defenseman Andrew Alberts suffered a concussion during Vancouver’s 2-0 win over Calgary on Sunday. Alberts was in the lineup to replace Alex Edler, currently sidelined with a lower-body issue.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 1
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 14
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)