Dec 30, 2013, 1:39 PM EDT
Jonathan Blum is on his way back to the NHL.
Blum, Nashville’s first-round pick (23rd overall) at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, has been recalled by Minnesota from AHL Iowa, the club announced on Monday.
Blum’s recall comes with uncertainty surrounding the health of Jared Spurgeon, who was held off the ice for Monday’s practice (“banged up,” according to the Minnesota Star-Tribune.) The Wild host the Blues on Tuesday.
An offensive defenseman that signed with Minnesota after the Preds failed to tender him as a RFA, Blum has 16 points in 29 games with Iowa this season and is tied for 17th among all AHL blueliners in scoring.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54