Dec 30, 2013, 1:39 PM EDT
Jonathan Blum is on his way back to the NHL.
Blum, Nashville’s first-round pick (23rd overall) at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, has been recalled by Minnesota from AHL Iowa, the club announced on Monday.
Blum’s recall comes with uncertainty surrounding the health of Jared Spurgeon, who was held off the ice for Monday’s practice (“banged up,” according to the Minnesota Star-Tribune.) The Wild host the Blues on Tuesday.
An offensive defenseman that signed with Minnesota after the Preds failed to tender him as a RFA, Blum has 16 points in 29 games with Iowa this season and is tied for 17th among all AHL blueliners in scoring.
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 17
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 31
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 1
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 58
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 55
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)