Dec 30, 2013, 1:39 PM EDT
Jonathan Blum is on his way back to the NHL.
Blum, Nashville’s first-round pick (23rd overall) at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, has been recalled by Minnesota from AHL Iowa, the club announced on Monday.
Blum’s recall comes with uncertainty surrounding the health of Jared Spurgeon, who was held off the ice for Monday’s practice (“banged up,” according to the Minnesota Star-Tribune.) The Wild host the Blues on Tuesday.
An offensive defenseman that signed with Minnesota after the Preds failed to tender him as a RFA, Blum has 16 points in 29 games with Iowa this season and is tied for 17th among all AHL blueliners in scoring.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 6
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 32
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)