Dec 30, 2013, 1:39 PM EDT
Jonathan Blum is on his way back to the NHL.
Blum, Nashville’s first-round pick (23rd overall) at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, has been recalled by Minnesota from AHL Iowa, the club announced on Monday.
Blum’s recall comes with uncertainty surrounding the health of Jared Spurgeon, who was held off the ice for Monday’s practice (“banged up,” according to the Minnesota Star-Tribune.) The Wild host the Blues on Tuesday.
An offensive defenseman that signed with Minnesota after the Preds failed to tender him as a RFA, Blum has 16 points in 29 games with Iowa this season and is tied for 17th among all AHL blueliners in scoring.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Chara suffers undisclosed issue, won’t return on Thursday 14
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)