Dec 30, 2013, 1:39 PM EDT
Jonathan Blum is on his way back to the NHL.
Blum, Nashville’s first-round pick (23rd overall) at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, has been recalled by Minnesota from AHL Iowa, the club announced on Monday.
Blum’s recall comes with uncertainty surrounding the health of Jared Spurgeon, who was held off the ice for Monday’s practice (“banged up,” according to the Minnesota Star-Tribune.) The Wild host the Blues on Tuesday.
An offensive defenseman that signed with Minnesota after the Preds failed to tender him as a RFA, Blum has 16 points in 29 games with Iowa this season and is tied for 17th among all AHL blueliners in scoring.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 8
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 9
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 7
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 93
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (93)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)