Dec 30, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
As part of the pre-Winter Classic festivities, the Windsor Spitfires earned a 6-5 victory over the Saginaw Spirit at Comerica Park. It was the Ontario Hockey League’s first ever outdoor regular season game. (NHL.com)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,500 Fantasy Hockey league for Monday’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $350. Starts Monday at 7:30 p.m. ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
A look back at the New Jersey Devils up-and-down first half. (The Star-Ledger)
Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Rob Scuderi didn’t feel his conditioning was an issue as he returned from an ankle injury last night. He had been sidelined for a little over two months. (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5