Dec 30, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
As part of the pre-Winter Classic festivities, the Windsor Spitfires earned a 6-5 victory over the Saginaw Spirit at Comerica Park. It was the Ontario Hockey League’s first ever outdoor regular season game. (NHL.com)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,500 Fantasy Hockey league for Monday’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $350. Starts Monday at 7:30 p.m. ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
A look back at the New Jersey Devils up-and-down first half. (The Star-Ledger)
Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Rob Scuderi didn’t feel his conditioning was an issue as he returned from an ankle injury last night. He had been sidelined for a little over two months. (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 0
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 9
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 8
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 44
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 47
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28