Dec 30, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
As part of the pre-Winter Classic festivities, the Windsor Spitfires earned a 6-5 victory over the Saginaw Spirit at Comerica Park. It was the Ontario Hockey League’s first ever outdoor regular season game. (NHL.com)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,500 Fantasy Hockey league for Monday’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $350. Starts Monday at 7:30 p.m. ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
A look back at the New Jersey Devils up-and-down first half. (The Star-Ledger)
Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Rob Scuderi didn’t feel his conditioning was an issue as he returned from an ankle injury last night. He had been sidelined for a little over two months. (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35