Dec 30, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
As part of the pre-Winter Classic festivities, the Windsor Spitfires earned a 6-5 victory over the Saginaw Spirit at Comerica Park. It was the Ontario Hockey League’s first ever outdoor regular season game. (NHL.com)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,500 Fantasy Hockey league for Monday’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $350. Starts Monday at 7:30 p.m. ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
A look back at the New Jersey Devils up-and-down first half. (The Star-Ledger)
Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Rob Scuderi didn’t feel his conditioning was an issue as he returned from an ankle injury last night. He had been sidelined for a little over two months. (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 40
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 32
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 65
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22