Dec 30, 2013, 4:33 PM EDT
Avalanche winger P.A. Parenteau will be out of action approximately six weeks, according to Colorado head coach Patrick Roy.
“Hard for me to explain more than this regarding the injury,” said Roy. “It’s part of the season. I think we’ve been pretty lucky so far. We haven’t been hit too (hard) by injuries. I think we’ve been more lucky than anything else.”
The injury is a significant one for the Avs, who have just one win in their last six outings. Parenteau has nine goals and 15 assists in 38 games, his 24 points putting the 30-year-old in a tie with Paul Stastny for the fourth most on the team.
Colorado hosts Columbus tomorrow and Philadelphia Thursday.
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 0
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 49
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 24
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 22
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 28
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (77)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (76)