Dec 30, 2013, 4:33 PM EDT
Avalanche winger P.A. Parenteau will be out of action approximately six weeks, according to Colorado head coach Patrick Roy.
“Hard for me to explain more than this regarding the injury,” said Roy. “It’s part of the season. I think we’ve been pretty lucky so far. We haven’t been hit too (hard) by injuries. I think we’ve been more lucky than anything else.”
The injury is a significant one for the Avs, who have just one win in their last six outings. Parenteau has nine goals and 15 assists in 38 games, his 24 points putting the 30-year-old in a tie with Paul Stastny for the fourth most on the team.
Colorado hosts Columbus tomorrow and Philadelphia Thursday.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 21
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 11
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54