Dec 30, 2013, 4:33 PM EST
Avalanche winger P.A. Parenteau will be out of action approximately six weeks, according to Colorado head coach Patrick Roy.
“Hard for me to explain more than this regarding the injury,” said Roy. “It’s part of the season. I think we’ve been pretty lucky so far. We haven’t been hit too (hard) by injuries. I think we’ve been more lucky than anything else.”
The injury is a significant one for the Avs, who have just one win in their last six outings. Parenteau has nine goals and 15 assists in 38 games, his 24 points putting the 30-year-old in a tie with Paul Stastny for the fourth most on the team.
Colorado hosts Columbus tomorrow and Philadelphia Thursday.
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 3
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 50
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)