Dec 30, 2013, 4:33 PM EDT
Avalanche winger P.A. Parenteau will be out of action approximately six weeks, according to Colorado head coach Patrick Roy.
“Hard for me to explain more than this regarding the injury,” said Roy. “It’s part of the season. I think we’ve been pretty lucky so far. We haven’t been hit too (hard) by injuries. I think we’ve been more lucky than anything else.”
The injury is a significant one for the Avs, who have just one win in their last six outings. Parenteau has nine goals and 15 assists in 38 games, his 24 points putting the 30-year-old in a tie with Paul Stastny for the fourth most on the team.
Colorado hosts Columbus tomorrow and Philadelphia Thursday.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)