Dec 30, 2013, 4:33 PM EDT
Avalanche winger P.A. Parenteau will be out of action approximately six weeks, according to Colorado head coach Patrick Roy.
“Hard for me to explain more than this regarding the injury,” said Roy. “It’s part of the season. I think we’ve been pretty lucky so far. We haven’t been hit too (hard) by injuries. I think we’ve been more lucky than anything else.”
The injury is a significant one for the Avs, who have just one win in their last six outings. Parenteau has nine goals and 15 assists in 38 games, his 24 points putting the 30-year-old in a tie with Paul Stastny for the fourth most on the team.
Colorado hosts Columbus tomorrow and Philadelphia Thursday.
- All eyes on Lundqvist 8
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)