Dec 30, 2013, 8:23 PM EDT
Both participated in an optional team skate on Monday and both felt positive about that bit of practice afterward, the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline reports. In fact, there’s at least an outside chance that one or both of those key figures will return to action sometime during a four-game road trip that stretches from Dec. 31 – Jan. 6.
“Honestly, before this skate I didn’t think I was going to (play on this road trip),” Horton said. “Depending on how I feel tomorrow, and maybe after I do this for a couple more days, maybe closer to the end (of the trip) I can play.”
Horton, 28, continues to rehab from offseason surgery while Bobrovsky, 25, has been sidelined since Dec. 3 with a groin injury.
Portzline guesses that the Blue Jackets will be “ultra-safe” with Horton by returning him on Jan. 10 while Bob could be back as soon as Jan. 2’s road game against the Phoenix Coyotes, but we’ll need to wait and see.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 9
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)