Dec 30, 2013, 8:23 PM EDT
Both participated in an optional team skate on Monday and both felt positive about that bit of practice afterward, the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline reports. In fact, there’s at least an outside chance that one or both of those key figures will return to action sometime during a four-game road trip that stretches from Dec. 31 – Jan. 6.
“Honestly, before this skate I didn’t think I was going to (play on this road trip),” Horton said. “Depending on how I feel tomorrow, and maybe after I do this for a couple more days, maybe closer to the end (of the trip) I can play.”
Horton, 28, continues to rehab from offseason surgery while Bobrovsky, 25, has been sidelined since Dec. 3 with a groin injury.
Portzline guesses that the Blue Jackets will be “ultra-safe” with Horton by returning him on Jan. 10 while Bob could be back as soon as Jan. 2’s road game against the Phoenix Coyotes, but we’ll need to wait and see.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 27
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)