Dec 30, 2013, 8:23 PM EDT
Both participated in an optional team skate on Monday and both felt positive about that bit of practice afterward, the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline reports. In fact, there’s at least an outside chance that one or both of those key figures will return to action sometime during a four-game road trip that stretches from Dec. 31 – Jan. 6.
“Honestly, before this skate I didn’t think I was going to (play on this road trip),” Horton said. “Depending on how I feel tomorrow, and maybe after I do this for a couple more days, maybe closer to the end (of the trip) I can play.”
Horton, 28, continues to rehab from offseason surgery while Bobrovsky, 25, has been sidelined since Dec. 3 with a groin injury.
Portzline guesses that the Blue Jackets will be “ultra-safe” with Horton by returning him on Jan. 10 while Bob could be back as soon as Jan. 2’s road game against the Phoenix Coyotes, but we’ll need to wait and see.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)