Dec 30, 2013, 8:23 PM EDT
Both participated in an optional team skate on Monday and both felt positive about that bit of practice afterward, the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline reports. In fact, there’s at least an outside chance that one or both of those key figures will return to action sometime during a four-game road trip that stretches from Dec. 31 – Jan. 6.
“Honestly, before this skate I didn’t think I was going to (play on this road trip),” Horton said. “Depending on how I feel tomorrow, and maybe after I do this for a couple more days, maybe closer to the end (of the trip) I can play.”
Horton, 28, continues to rehab from offseason surgery while Bobrovsky, 25, has been sidelined since Dec. 3 with a groin injury.
Portzline guesses that the Blue Jackets will be “ultra-safe” with Horton by returning him on Jan. 10 while Bob could be back as soon as Jan. 2’s road game against the Phoenix Coyotes, but we’ll need to wait and see.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)